Thursday, 15 November 2012

Watch it!

Today I finished my second shift working at Watch it! It's really nice so far. My manager is 10x better than my old one, and the people I work with are so helpful. This other girl just got hired too and she seems like a really nice girl. At least I'm not the only new person, makes me feel a bit better. I sold my first watch today, I'm actually proud.

When I got home I decided I should start a load of laundry since I'm packing to go to Montreal for tomorrow. I know my boyfriend just came to visit me last weekend, and he's coming next weekend to go to the Justin Bieber concert with me, but I figured why not. I love seeing him, so I may as well take the opportunities that I can before December hits. I'm going to be extremely busy that month, probably working everyday over the holidays. Even though I'm still broke, I'm already thinking about what to get people for Christmas. I don't know why, but buying gifts for people makes me really happy. As much as I hate spending money (especially on other people), I get this warm fuzzy feeling when I get to give someone a gift.

As far as my mother knows, I'm taking the train for the first time by myself tomorrow. Which is not entirely true because once before I did, but I told her I was getting a ride with someone. She's very overprotective and always insists that I bring a friend. I think that's totally unreasonable because first of all, I'm seventeen years old. I'm not a baby anymore, I'm quite capable of getting on and off a train. Second of all, it's kind of a bit much to ask someone to spend 100$ to come with me to Montreal so that I can visit my boyfriend, nobody would be up for that. Plus I enjoy spending alone time with him.

Anyways, I'm just super excited that I get to spend another weekend with him. He makes me the happiest kid, ever. A lot of people are like "wow, you're in a long-distance realtionship, that must be hard!" I admit sometimes, yes it is. But not to the extent that people think necessarily. There are good things about being in one.

Number one: I get my personal space.
Since I see him once a week or once every two weeks, I really get to focus more on school and keeping my grades up. I don't spend all my time with my boyfriend, I learn to be independant.

Number two: I don't need to worry about looking nice since I don't see him all the time. I can go to school looking like a bum, and he won't care because he won't see.

Number three: Absence makes the heart grow fonder. (Enough said)

Number four: You really get to know each other on a deeper level, and not just necessarily on a physical level because your relationship is solely based on communication. Constantly texting, skyping, calling, emailing, facebooking, you really get to know that persons personality thoroughly.

I have way too much time on my hands.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Destiny.
    I have read all your new posts. You are writing consistently so that is great. You are probably enjoying expressing your thoughts. Do you find it helps you put things in perspective at times. I know when I write, things that bother me are not quite as bad when I finish.

    It sounds like your new job and I am certainly glad things worked out for you. When you wrote about Christmas shopping and buying nice presents for your boyfriend's family, I can only imagine that might be enjoyable but stressful. Maybe instead of giving his mother expensive soaps etc. you should consider framing a really good quality picture of him(taken by your friend). She probably would love that. From how you described his house, his family appears pretty well off. Sometimes giving something personal is much more valuable than store bought items. She probably can afford to buy herself anything she wants. I like the notion that you love the feeling of giving. Don't overextend yourself though. You work too hard for your precious money.
    Keep up the posts! :) Ms. Morton

    ReplyDelete