Sunday, 18 November 2012

Long Distance Relationships= Financial Sacrifice

If there's one thing that really bothers me, it's being in someones debt. I hate borrowing money, or borrowing anything I can be held liable for in general. This is why I will never own a credit card. It weighs on my conscience too much.

However, with that being said; this weekend was a small exception. I wanted to go to Montreal to visit Greg, even though I just saw him last weekend, I figured I may as well go. I mean, seeing each other once a week is still kind of futile. But anyways, I decided to take the train because my mother deems is safer than the bus. Safer, and twice the price. I got my step-dad to buy my ticket for me and told him I would pay him back as soon as possible. I knew he would want most of his money back as soon as I returned from my trip, but there's no way I could find 100$ that quickly. Turns out I don't get my first pay cheque for another two weeks which is mildly depressing, but at least I'll be getting a lot of money on it.

I ended up getting family friend which I gave to my step dad right after he bought me the ticket, but clearly I still owe him.

I left Montreal really early this morning. Like, 6 hours earlier than I usually leave. So technically I paid more money for a shorter trip. But my step dad insisted I get back into Ottawa before 1PM so that he could pick me up at the train station on his way home from work. Lazy.

I couldn't ask my boyfriend for money either because to my surprise he barely had any. We used what he did have to go out for dinner at Baton Rouge, which was lovely. We had nice, deep conversation at the table.

In other news, my mom may have a job soon. She's  been getting a lot of interviews lately so we might be on to something. Which would be fantastic because I'm very excited for us to get our own apartment. For me it would only be for a short amount of time since I'm moving to Montreal most-likely for university. But for the time being, it would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment