Monday, 5 November 2012

Golden Days

This past weekend I realized that I needed a jacket pretty badly otherwise I was going to freeze in the crisp Canadian weather. There was no way I could pull off the jean jacket all winter. One of my best friends who lives accross town drove to my house and left me one of her old jackets on my door step so that I'd have a pleasant little surprise when I got home.

I was out with my mother, selling gold. Turns out we had a pretty solid amount of gold jewlery just laying around the house for what ever reason. We ended up getting $400 from just a few pieces. Apparently the value of gold is pretty high these days. She didn't share any of the money with me, so I'm still broke. However, when my boyfriend comes to town this weekend I'm making him bring me back to the place that buys people's gold because I have a few gold items I could sell for my own profit.

I'm still looking for a new job. Plenty of places in the local mall are hiring at this time of year because Christmas is coming soon, so it shouldn't be difficult to find a temporary retail position.

Or maybe it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment